Tuesday, August 28, 2007

God With No Hands from Monteaco

I am so very fearful that some of the wonderful information that was out there when I first started will all but disappear in the next few years. Some of the sites that have been archived are also gone now. As I went to the old Montessori Teacher Collective archived site this morning my heart sank in a pit of dismay. The site was unable to load, as if the website if no longer there. If webarchive no longer exists then the information held within will also be gone forever for future generations.

I feel the overwhelming need to preserve this information in some sort of virtual library museum.... I hope that I always convey respect to the wonderful Montessorians who so freely help others by creating these materials and to whom I have forwarded their information to continue to help others by letting their voices continue to be heard.

Due to this I have chosen to put myself out on a limb and copy the story of God with no hands told by Mario Montessori as he recalled his mother telling it, from the Monteaco site. I hope that I do not offend or hurt any ones feelings by doing this, please know I mean only respect and good intentions. - Nameste

http://web.archive.org/web/20050309061847/www.moteaco.com/albums/story1.html

(I have taken the story down for the moment as the site is back up and running.......if it disappears again I will reconsider reposting it)